Keeping bellies full and bodies warm this Christmas Season
It’s no secret that Christmas can be a tough holiday for some of us. As hard as we strive to limit the hardship and adversity of our family, friends, and community members, there are still always some of us that need a hand up during these times.
That’s why we’ve decided to partner with our friends at the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter once again to ensure that those in need are taken care of this Christmas season. This essential Food & Clothing drive will help feed and cloth our cities women and children this Christmas with just a tiny bit of effort from those of us in a position to give.
With that in mind, here are some guidelines regarding what the shelter is requiring this year, as well as a link to the online financial donation platform if that is more feasible for you.
Food Items – Dry Goods with a long shelf life
- Pastas & Rice
- Canned Beans (Chickpeas, Kidney Beans)
- Soups, Stews & Sauces
- Canned Vegetables & Fruit
- Sugar & Oil
- Chocolate Milk Mix & Hot Chocolate mix
- Coffee & Tea
- Apple Cider
- Juice Boxes
- Granola bars, Fruit Cups & School Safe snacks
- Baby Food and Formula
- Gift cards & Grocery cards
*Please note – the Emergency Shelter does not serve pork and we are a nut-free facility
- Any Baby Items – Especially Teething Toys (please note that due to Covid-19, all baby items must be NEW and not used)
- Fall/Winter Footwear for Kids, Teenagers and Women
- Fall/Winter Jackets for Kids, Teenagers and Women
- Essential Items – Shampoo/Conditioner, Body Wash/Lotion, Toothbrushes/Toothpaste, Hair
These items can be dropped off at our head office, 2420 39th Ave NE anytime between now and December 8th. Please note that Covid-19 protocols are in effect and a mask will need to be worn at all times while in the Westcor office.
If you would prefer to make a direct financial donation, that can be accomplished here. Cash and cheques are also accepted and can be made out to Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter.
Thank you for your continued support in Building a Better Community for our city and those in need. If you have any questions regarding this initiative, please contact Janice.Giberson@Westcor.net for more details.
The Westcor Family